Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Trailer: The Intern

We saw this trailer in front of both movies this weekend. I have to say, it looks pretty good.


Things to love:

  • Robert de Niro
  • Anne Hathaway
  • A look at ageism from both angles (though de Niro doesn't seem to suffer much in the trailer)
  • The comment about how modern men have largely become slobs (I'm guilty, too)
  • The general tone
Things to fear:
  • Doesn't look like it will be feminist-positive (I need a word for this)
  • The inevitable twist (because movies have to have a twist) needs to be handled delicately
  • I hope the supporting cast of guys are a little more than a peanut gallery of chuckleheads
  • I hope the relationship doesn't go too deep too fast. There needs to be a sense of trust being built over time
I think I'll definitely be seeing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment